Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, July 12, 2010

“There is something exceedingly improving to the mind in a contemplation of the Divinity...

“There is something exceedingly improving to the mind in a contemplation of the Divinity. It is a subject so vast, that all our thoughts are lost in its immensity; so deep, that our pride is drowned in its infinity. Charles Spurgeon

Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! Ps.34 ESV

One of my favorite pass times is to use a set of binoculars, not to magnify things far away but to explore things only a few feet from me. I have spent hours musing a delicate dew drop on the stamen of a lily, or watching a trail of ants traversing through a jungle of grass, or a beetle climbing down the bark ravines of loblolly pine. I even image myself walking in this miniature world exploring a sage forest of moss or prancing over blazing orange lichen growing on some rock. A whole universe opens before you and all within five feet of where you stand. In all this beauty, the creative energy of God electrifies the imagination and one can’t help but be enchanted by His greatness in small things. The visible world is one lens that enables our faith to magnify the greatness of our invisible God. Oh, magnify the LORD with me! 7/6/2010 Conversations Within ts