Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

“Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.” (Murphy’s Law paraphrase)

“Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.” (Murphy’s Law paraphrase)

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Rom.8.28 ESV

I recently impaled my leg on the branch of a bush trying to improve my angle to take a picture of a mountain goat. Now I can easily see how God is working all things together for my good because I met a new friend and brother in the physician who stitched up my leg. We are already sharing books and enjoying spiritual fellowship via email. His community and mine were graciously added to the day of my accident.
On another matter, I can’t see how God is working all things together for my good when several days and several states later, I developed chills and high fever and another good doctor friend naturally suspecting infection, had to reopen my wound which had healed rather nicely. He did not find any infection and we discovered the very next day that fever had nothing to do with my wound and now I have wait another ten days for my wound to heal again. That I can sometimes see the good that God is working in my life and other times I can’t make heads or tells about what He is doing doesn’t change the truth of these words all. All things are working together for good, not just when I see they do. 7/15/2010 Conversations Within ts