Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The way some people follow Christ you would think that being a Christian it is always Winter but never Spring.

“For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.” Ro.6 ESV

For years, my Christian life focused almost entirely on the dying side--saying no to myself side of following Jesus. In recent years, He is leading me to the absolute joy of living on the resurrected side--saying yes to Him. What I mean is that as a young Christian all I could see was everything Christ was calling me from, every thing He was asking me to surrender, the losing of my life. These days I still see the need to die to self, see it every day in fact, but I see with greater clarity all that Jesus is calling me to, the gaining of my life. He is slowly shifting my focus to rise from the dead and run and play in the garden of His resurrection. 7/27/2010 Conversations Within ts