Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

“If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done.” Author Unknown

“Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox.” Prov.14 ESV

Most of the time when I have put something off to the last minute, it has nothing to do with not having enough time as it is having the desire to do it. When we are able, we always quench the thirst of our greatest desire. It is as simple as that. I always do what I want to do the most. Now, I may not want to clean out the ox stable but I will do it, not because I value shoveling ox dung but because I value the things I can buy from the money I make with my ox. I procrastinate when I would rather ride my mountain bike than clean out the stable, so I put off cleaning the stable until I absolutely must do it to get what I want from my ox. The greatest desire at the moment always wins. The key then, not only to getting things done, but getting the rights things done and getting them done in a timely manner, lies with my greatest desire. I must define my desires because my desires will surely define me. 5/19/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)