Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

“My actions are my only true belongings. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.” Thich Nhat Hanh

“In your patience possess your soul.” Jesus

This past month many families lost homes and personal possessions as a series of tornadoes ripped throughout the southeast. Erected in the debris were several make shift signs of an enduring faith and hope. One person with a sense of humor wrote, “Extreme Makeover” in front of their flattened home. It is a powerful testimony to the value of one's inner life when the soul understands that what they are is far more important than what they have. No doubt we are what we do and do and do. It is what we do, not what have that will follow us not only in this life but the next. Our actions are the pillars that support our true home and they of course, stand on the foundation of our faith and love; the only lasting possessions. 5/9/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)