Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

“The greatest enemy of any one of our truths may be the rest of our truths.” ~William James

“Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” James 4

Some truths are more important than others. I mean it really doesn't matter much if my understanding of the mating habits of lizards is a tad off the mark. But to miscalculate the amount of air I have left in my scuba tank, even a bit, could have disastrous results. Christ's claim to be the way, the truth and the life is either of no consequence or the single most important truth there is. To dismiss such a claim will mean nothing or everything. Of course to say that you believe that He is the truth and then live in such a manner that ignores it, isn't much better than to disbelieve it all together. What good is knowing the value of air but diving in the depths without it. 5/6/2011 Conversations Within ts (Windsor Rock, AL)