Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

“People who look through keyholes are apt to get the idea that most things are keyhole shaped.” Author Unknown

“Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth.” Eph.6 ESV

An evolutionist sees the world one way the creationist another; both are predisposed to understand every other thing in life by the belief they have about the origin of life. One looks at a tree and see as the product of natural selection the other sees the same tree as the expression of an Artist. One marvels at the result of mere time plus chance, the other has deep admiration for the intricate designs of a personal Engineer. Some people give thought to their presuppositions. Others take for granted the beliefs they take for granted. Why I believe what I believe seems an important question especially if I want a truthful view of reality. I don't mean a sincere view of reality; many a sincere folk have been wrong. I want to see reality as it really is, not just as I perceive it. If I don't wear the belt of truth around all my other beliefs, my pants might fall down in the heat of battle. What battle? The one that decides if there is any meaning to life. 5/2/2011 Conversations Within ts (Pisgah National Forest, NC)