Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dancing is moving to the music without stepping on anyone's toes, pretty much the same as life. Robert Brault

“Michal the daughter of Saul looked out of the window and saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, and she despised him in her heart.” 2Sa.6 ESV

Sometimes, if we dance to the tune of our religious convictions, stepping on other people's toes is unavoidable. The dance floor is crowded with religious diversity; we could even say religious adversity. Even people who say they have no religion practice faith in something. I think if we are to peacefully live together, until God sorts it all out (my atheist friends tolerate me here) we must develop some tough skin where our own beliefs are concerned. If someone steps on my toes, Jesus was pretty clear about the response He expects from His followers. And, when I offend someone by practicing my faith, I can still be gracious towards them. No one should rub religion in the face of another. The best representation of one's faith is how graceful, not how gaudy we dance it. 7/7/2011 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)