Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

You don't have to understand how a car works to drive it nor do you have to understand how prayer works to say your prayers.

“Ask and it will be given unto you.” Jesus

Trying to figure it all out can limit our fruitfulness. There is surely enough evidence that God knows what He is doing, so we should just trust Him when we don't understand everything He asks us to do. I sometimes stumble over prayer. I am not sure why He wants me to ask Him for stuff that any good parent would provide anyway, but He tells me to ask for daily bread. I do not understand how my prayers can make any difference to a God who already knows everything about everything. But God clearly tells us that our prayers do make a difference and that we are not only to pray but pray fervently. Obedience is said to be better than sacrifice i. e. religious practices; I suppose when it comes to prayer, to pray is better than understanding how it works. 7/13/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)