Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sometimes we must be willing to be the answer to our prayers.

“When Abram heard that his kinsman had been taken captive, he led forth his trained men...” Gen.14 ESV

I remember once asking God what He was doing to help starving children around the world. Afterward, I had the distinct impression that He was asking me what I was doing to help them. It makes perfect sense to me that when I am praying for someone, that God wants to use me to answer my prayer for them. I might ask God to encourage someone who is in despair only to find Him encouraging me to call them. It might be that when I pray for God to supply the needs of a missionary that He wants me to give some money to them, or if I pray for a homeless and hungry person to offer to shelter or feed them. In the past when I asked God to help me with a test I am sure this did not exempt me from studying for it. 7/12/2011 Conversations Within ts (On the road)