Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

“Taking an interest in what others are thinking and doing is often a much more powerful form of encouragement than praise.” Robert Martin

“Do not merely look after your own interest...value others....” Phil.2

My friends have been a powerful encouragement in my life. One friend in particular has worked with me on several personal projects and takes as much interest in them as I do. I have discovered he does this with all his friends. His kindness has caused me to ask if I am as enthusiastic about helping someone with their project as I am my own. The honest answer is no but my friend's service has encouraged me to acquire a taste for it. I believe it was C. S. Lewis who said, "The joys of heaven are for most of us, in our present condition, an acquired taste." I am being transported there, transformed by God's love for me and expressed though the people in my life. 6/30/2011 Conversations Within ts (Sunshine State)