Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 29, 2011

“I am never bored anywhere: being bored is an insult to oneself.” Jules Renard

“The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof.” Ps.24

I find that if I am not happy for any number of reasons, boredom included, I have before me a thermometer of my spiritual health at the moment. The fever of unhappiness stems from the sickness of not keeping in step with the Spirit of Jesus. Why be bored, when all I need to do is take the medicine of His fellowship. I am sure Christ has any number of interesting projects that we can work on together. The privilege, which all are offered, of spending the day with the Creator of countless fascinations is ours to be enjoyed. It took me years to realize that God's invitation to worship is simply an invitation to enjoy His company. 7/22/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)