Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 1, 2011

“Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to.” Author Unknown

“A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.” Pro.16 ESV

Recently I filled out a feedback form on services offered by a campground and gave a rather harsh review. When I came to the end of the form I realized that they also wanted my name and address. When I reread what I had written, I did not want to sign my name to it. I threw the card away. It is one thing to speak anonymously and another to put your name to it. I think we would give greater attention to what we say about people if we had to sign our name to the damage our gossips cause or if we just had to sign our name to gossips that originate with us. If we had to sign off on every thing we said about someone else we would probably strike quite a few lines. One problem is that we cannot edit what we say once it is said. Another, is that there are no anonymous rumors before God. 6/23/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)