Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success”

“...encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all”. 1Thess.5 ESV

Who has not felt the power of an encouraging word from a friend, especially after a fall. My grandson is learning to ride his bike without training wheels. I noticed that when he would topple over, he would turn my way with a sort of embarrassed, “I'm not sure about this” look. But when I would give him a thumb's up and tell him to look how far he had ridden, that look would turn immediately into a big boyish smile and he was ready to go again. It is said that we never forget how to ride a bicycle; I think we never forget how to fall down as well. If there is ever a time to encourage people, it is when they have dust on the back of their breeches. Be an encourager. 6/29/2011 Conversations Within ts