Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within. Horace Friess:

“Blessed are those whose strength is in you.” Ps.84.5 ESV

When I consider that the word “blessed” might also be translated “happy,” it forces me to think about what makes me happy. I have experienced the difference between pleasure and joy and although many pleasures bring me joy not all of them do; I speak of course of unlawful or stolen pleasures. Sometimes when I have tasted a pleasure, even a lawful one and have done so without the strength of God--I mean guided by Him, every pleasure not only fails to bring joy, without His fellowship they inevitably produce misery. Happy is the person who is guided by the strength of Christ’s presence in everything they do. Amazingly, His presence can turn even hardship into joy. 6/3/2009 Conversations Within ts