Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

“The good ole days weren't always good.” Billy Joel

“I will set no worthless thing before my eyes.” Ps.101.3 NASB

My father has said and always with a measure of disgust, that certain people acting a certain way are “low down and good for nothing.” If my daddy spoke Hebrew, he would use the expression “Sons of Belial.” The word “belial” is translated here by our word worthless and low down and good for nothing would work just as well. Life is too valuable to waste it on unprofitable activity. I am not speaking of down time of course, because rest in proper proportion to labor is certainly profitable because it re-creates the stores of energy. But if our chosen recreation doesn’t re-create it just might be low down and good for nothing and if we are not careful we might be as well. 6/23/2009 Conversations Within ts