Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, June 19, 2009

“Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings” Indian Proverb

“The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad.” Ps.97.1

It shames me to confess it, but sometimes my belief in God’s sovereignty makes me angry with Him. Instead of humbling accepting life, I will blame Him for silly things, like something breaking even when I was the one who knocked it off the counter. I reason that He could have prevented it and complain that He didn’t or even childishly suggest that He pushed me, so to speak. When I do this sort of thing, I am taking Murphy’s Law theologically and personally. Even though I apologize later, such an attitude suggests my arrogant misunderstanding that God should make life easy for me. The Lord indeed reigns. Let me glad even when He permits hardship. It may well be that teaching me humility is high on His agenda for that day. 6/18/2009 Conversations Within ts