Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 17, 2009

"Be comfortable being uncomfortable. " Peter McWilliams

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Ps.119.71 NIV

We may be tempted to believe the silly notion that when God is on your side everything will go your way. Actually, hardship comes to us for exact reason that He is working His way in us. Holiness is His way. This old fashioned word may conjure notions about puritanical rigor and strictness when all it really means is greater devotion to God. And, any personal disciplines, which strengthen our fidelity to Christ, are good and to be desired.
On another note, it is probably a good thing to remember that discipline is often a personal matter. My brother may not need the particular lesson being taught to me, nor the particular rigors needed to teach it. We best leave lessons of holiness in Father’s hand and quit meddling in the discipline of others. 7/14/2009 Conversations Within ts