Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

“One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least somebody's listening.” Franklin P. Jones

”Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.” Ps.116.7 NIV

Learning how to talk to our self seems a valuable skill. I’m not referring to those times we rehearse to ourselves some gripe we have with someone but rather a deliberate and purposeful speaking to the heart. We often do this, to remind ourselves of what we know is good and right and true. Sometimes we chide our selves and say something like, “You know better than this,” or utter the challenge, “You can do this!” Of course, one way to speak truth to the heart is to ask it a question. The other day, after giving our Labrador some ice cream, Brenda asked her, “Maggie do you know how good you’ve got it?” I should think this a very good question for my heart. 7/10/2009 Conversations Within ts