Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 31, 2009

"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have." - Unknown

“But I have stilled and quieted my soul.” Ps.131.2 NIV

Here is a skill worth learning. We learn it when we train ourselves to be satisfied with all that God is for us in our present circumstances. It is to say, and often to sing, even in the face of the most difficult circumstances, “God is enough!” We may wonder that if God is enough, then why do we need to convince ourselves that He is. I know that in my own experience my feelings tend to follow my focus. Contentment is often just a matter of waking to what you have in Christ. But another side of contentment is learning to make peace with your present circumstances by giving thanks in them even when you don’t fully appreciate why God is allowing them. 7/29/2009 Conversations Within ts