Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

“Home - that blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven…” Lydia M. Child

“Here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.” Ps.132.14 NIV

Places do not always look the way we picture them nor do God’s promises when they come to pass. I am sure that no one under the old covenant would have pictured that God’s promise to sit enthroned forever in Israel to look the way it does today. He of course does in the hearts of people who hold allegiance not to modern state of Israel but to Jesus, the Son of David. I should think that most of the time our mental picture of what God is promising is a pocket-sized version of what God is actually has in store. Even now, our vision of Heaven is probably far from the actual experience that is coming to us. But not to worry, it will be greater not less than we have imagined. 7/30/2009 Conversations Within ts