Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start....

...So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” Dave Barry

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me.” Ps.138.8 NIV

There have been times of exasperation when I have said aloud, “I’m not going to make it.” I was talking both to myself and to the Lord I suppose. Whatever the circumstance that moved me to such a conclusion, there is always the quiet reply within that I do not need to be afraid, He will see me through, and, a very pointed "and" I might add, He will finish the work He began in me. Both the doubts and the assurances are a work of precious grace. My doubts teach me that in and of myself, I will not make it. This is the point of realization that comes to all drowning people. It is that realization that moves us to call out for help. His assurance is that everyone who calls is answered and He never does anything halfway. Father is not one who answers half of the time nor does He deliver us half of the way. 8/7/2009 Conversations Within ts