Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

“May you live all the days of your life.” Jonathan Swift

“I will praise the LORD all my life…” Ps.146.2

When the Scriptures say that God “inhabits the praise of His people,” this is just another way of saying that He dwells in our experiences of Him. Praise openly declares the worth of God, but in its purest form, the praise of life is the experience that causes it. Praise then is not only performed with our lips but also with our lives. Praise often reflects our experience of something. How many times have we exclaimed an accolade after experiencing some wonder? I often utter the word, “unbelievable” when overwhelmed by some experience; coming across a soft bed of emerald moss lining a mountain trail, or the tiny hand of my grandson grasping my little finger.
When I name these experiences “unbelievable,” I am not saying that I don’t believe them; I am confessing that they are too wonderful for me to wrap my thoughts around. That is often the way I feel about my experience of God. God is “unbelievable.” Believe it! 8/15/2009 Conversations Within ts