Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, August 7, 2009

“Discipline is remembering what you want.” David Campbell

“If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill.” Ps.137.5 NIV

Rust is one of those effects that remind us that certain things must be maintained in this place. Relationships are one of them. All one has to do to destroy a garden or a marriage is nothing. I can think of no loyalties, family, friends, patriotic or religious, that do not require that we muster ourselves from time to time. What I mean is that we must remind ourselves of the why behind the what so that we do not lose sight of what really matters. It is easy to forget the real reason we go to work each day. Even a minister can go through the motions of sermon preparation and forget the flock. What good are our skills if they fail to serve others? 8/6/2009 Conversations Within ts