Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A good life boils down to the next right choice.

“I will show you my faith by what I do.” James 2.18 NIV

Have you ever picked up an item in a store and then in some other department decided that you didn’t want it and then were faced the decision whether to return it to where it belonged or just put it on some shelf where you happen to be. My faith won’t let me leave the item in sporting goods when I took it off the shelf in house wares. I reason that if I treat my neighbor, as I would want to be treated, then I will put his stuff back where it belongs even when my neighbor is some unknown manager of a Wal-Mart. This may seem silly to some, especially when I sin against my conscience in other ways, but I find that when faith is expressed in small things, it helps reinforce faith when it is needed in larger matters. A good life boils down to the next right choice. 8/25/2009 Conversations Within ts