Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

“Fortune and misfortune are two buckets in the same well” German Proverb

“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.” Ps.136.1 NIV

I have often commented to family and friends that the meal we are about to eat would be king’s fair to most of the people in the world. My purpose isn’t to make everybody feel bad before we eat but to stimulate grateful thoughts for all that is ours. Now as I consider this, I realize that there can be, thought there need not be a trap to this sort of thinking. If my gratitude stems only from my fortune when compared to the misfortune of others then I may miss that purpose realized by a grateful heart when it is my turn to endure misfortune. It is not so much that we say thank you Lord, because I can always think of people who are much worse off then I am but Lord I humbly thank you, even when I can’t. 8/5/2009 Conversations Within ts