Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, July 6, 2009

“Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?” Amos 3

“…but I am a man of prayer.” Ps.109.4 NIV

I realize that some of my prayers are mere prattle or when I am not blathering about, I’m usually complaining about something. Even my asking often reflects doubt rather than confident trust. But there are those moments when I am quieted by the presence of Christ within, and my prayers see a kind of transformation. Prattle becomes praise, complaint confession and asking is simply requisitioning supplies to do what Father has instructed. We need Christ as much in our prayers as we do for the things for which we are praying. A person can pray a great deal but have powerless prayers. This is the “nothing” that Jesus spoke of in John 15. Christ transforms the impotent prayer into an effectual prayer. Our first effort in prayer should be oneness with Christ, in that agreement nothing is impossible. 7/2/2009 Conversations Within ts