Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

“Better shun the bait, than struggle in the snare.” John Dryden

“We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.” Ps.124.7 NIV

I my brief sojourn I have been snared by a number of inner enemies. Lying and lust were the notable sins of my youth. I look back and see that anger and insecurity plagued my mid life. Various worries and doubts lay siege my heart as I approach my autumn years. There were times when my Savior and Friend led me around the fowler’s snares. Other times He had to deliver me out of them. And, though all these struggles are still with me and continue to lay traps on the path ahead, I am confident the Companion of my soul will see me through. I pray, after all this time, that I may be delivered more by walking around these snares than needing to be delivered out of them. Bless the day when we cross into that place where snares are forbidden. 7/21/2009 Conversations Within ts