Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It is quite useless knocking at the door of heaven for earthly comfort....

It's not the sort of comfort they supply there. - C. S. Lewis

"Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." Ps.110.1 NIV

Whatever mystical union we have with the Son of God it implies that we are seated with Him in the seat of favor. We are told that every spiritual blessing in Heaven is ours. What does this mean to us on earth? Well these blessings haven’t speeded the closing of my house but they have moved me to give thanks in my circumstances. And, which is better? Do I prefer circumstances to make me happy or to be happy no matter what my circumstances? If the enemy within is defeated, why do I need to fear enemies without? 7/3/2009 Conversations Within ts