Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 26, 2010

“The face of the enemy frightens me only when I see how much it resembles me” Anonymous

“Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.” Lk.6.28 ESV

When Jesus tells us to pray for those who abuse us, I fear what prayer I might make for them. It is not so much that I would ask God to strike them in some way but I fear that in my prayer even when it is a good one, I would slip out some holier than thou attitude, something that says, “Look at me, Mr. Saint praying for my enemies.” When I ask God to bless my enemy, I need to remember that I also have been God’s enemy. It should be easy enough to walk a mile in my enemy’s shoes; they are after all the same brand I wear from time to time. 2/19/2010 Conversations Within ts