Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

If you don't do your part, don't blame God. Billy Sunday

“Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning.” 1Co 15:34 ESV

My dad used to tell me to take extra care to keep my chainsaw blade out of the dirt. It only takes a few seconds with the blade in the ground and you will spend most of your time sharpening instead of cutting up wood. Sin dulls the blade our sensitivity to God’s presence and of course, His will for our lives. It hardens the heart, clouds our vision and impairs our judgment. I sometimes wonder why God seems cold and distant, why my soul isn’t being warmed with His love and presence. Then I wake and realize I’ve been running around opening the doors and windows of my soul, letting in the cold air of selfish indulgence. 1/29/2010 Conversations Within ts