Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It amuses me that I have often regretted eating one more piece of pizza, but I have never regretted refusing one.

“All the toil of man is for his mouth, yet his appetite is not satisfied.” Ecc.6:7 ESV

It is one thing to say to your body that you have had enough and another to have your body say to you that it just can’t hold any more. I should think that it is undesirable to eat so much that you get sick thinking about another bite. Better to learn how to content yourself not only knowing the difference between needing more and wanting more but actually being in charge of your desires. Contentment often comes from contenting myself (imagine that) and leaves me not only feeling good but feeling good about myself. 2/4/2010 Conversations Within ts