Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

“Status quo, you know, that is Latin for ''the mess we're in.'' Ronald Reagan

“Would that we had been content to dwell beyond the Jordan!” Josh.7.7 ESV

Sometimes after personal failure, I have questioned decisions I had made even when I believed those decisions to be following the Lord. Joshua expressed these sentiments to the Lord when the Israelites fell in battle before their enemies. This was after they ventured across the Jordan to enter the promise land. The Lord rebuked Joshua and pointed out that it wasn’t their decision to follow Him across the Jordan that brought failure but their decision to follow in some things and not follow in others. I should never regret any decision I’ve made to follow the Lord. If there are any regrets for the mess I’m in, let them be for my half-hearted obedience. 2/10/2010 Conversations Within ts