Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

There is quietness in the arms of the Most High where all the noise of the world is silenced.

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.” Ps. 131.2 ESV

There are times when contentment is not a good thing. I may be content with far less than God desires for me. But if I am content in good way, let me give thanks for it. If I am not content, let me remind myself that contentment is but a choice away. The choice may be to act on my circumstances or to act on my attitude towards them. If I do not like my circumstances and feel the permission of God’s Spirit and have the power to change them, then let me choose to do so. But if I cannot change my circumstances, let me at least change my response to them. There are times when God asks us to reconcile ourselves to our condition just as there are times when He uses our condition to move us to doing something about it. In the former, He offers peace, in the latter, wisdom and strength. 2/9/2010 Conversations Within ts