Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

“Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.” Anonymous

“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.” Ps.84.5 ESV

We are told that moments of weakness are appropriate opportunities to rely on God’s strength. But what does this look like? When my wife cannot open a new jar of mayonnaise, she will often hand it to me believing I will succeed where she has failed. I guess finding strength in God is something as simple as that. We tell Him we are not strong enough for something and turn it over to Him. The history of God’s people has made a couple of things very clear about this. One is that God is more than willing to lend us His helping hand and two, folk who know this best are those whose prayerful hearts are like a well traveled Interstate not an overgrown and seldom used path. 2/13/2010 Conversations Within ts