Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Most battles are won before they are fought" Sung Tu “The Art of War”

"Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! Ps.143.10

This prayer expresses a bit of wisdom from someone who was savvy in battle. The person praying isn’t asking for personal comfort but for firm footing when he comes face to face with his enemies. Most of my enemies are within. It seems to me that apart of asking God to lead me on level ground when I face them is asking Him to help me know what I want in life. Knowing what I want decides how level the ground will be when I face my enemies. If I don’t know what I want, I may easily loose my footing to any enemy that would challenge me. Ask anyone who has won the battle to loose weight or quit smoking. What do I want? The answer to that question is what makes me truly happy. But any kind of happy isn’t always a good thing. It may be that what I want is one of the enemies coming against me and so we ask that God’s spirit would teach us the difference between finding temporal happiness in pleasure and lasting happiness in joy. 3/18/2010 Conversations Within ts