Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Love never settles though it must often wait!

“Love is patient.” 1Co.13 ESV

I think that patience is needed with people far more than with circumstances. I mean it is hard to justify irritation at a red light when it takes too long to turn green; it is far easier to rationalize my anger at that “idiot” who just cut me off in traffic. The reason love is patient, must be patient, is because of its commitment to the very best in those we love and, those we are told to love. Love never settles though it must often wait! What do we wait for? Well, we patiently wait for others grow up into Christ as we wait for the same thing in ourselves. This means a great many prayers will be said, a great deal of forgiveness offered and certainly asked. 2/24/2010 Conversations Within ts