Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 1, 2010

“Try not to do too many things at once. Know what you want, the number one thing today and tomorrow.” George Allen

“With patience a ruler may be persuaded, and a soft tongue will break a bone.” Pro.25.15 ESV

Who has not been fascinated by the little plant that breaks through a rock by nothing more than persistence? Great tasks are often accomplished by small actions--directed energy simply repeated over a long period. This is the proactive side of patience. I once had a professor who was given the enormous task not only of writing a book but a series of books. He once explained to me that he accomplished this not by focusing on the whole series but by writing one page a day. When it comes to the final translation of being made into the image of Christ, it may be too much to think about the final chapter, let me focus instead on the page being written today--on the decision facing me now. 2/23/2010 Conversations Within ts