Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hurried prayers are like fast food; occasionally required but a steady diet will languish one’s soul.

“He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither.” Ps.1.3 ESV

I have found very little profit to a sporadic and hurried prayer life. Patchy prayers usually involve more chatter than meaningful conversation. Little is learned. When the roots of our inner life grow in shallow soil, there is neither depth to our faith nor quality to our fruit and the joy of life is diminished. The soul must be “planted” beside the streams of His blessed presence not occasionally watered like some dust-covered plant in the corner of a seldom-visited room. Is there a yellowing of the leaves and a layer of dust on my quiet times with Christ? Jesus desires to sit down with me in a garden of delights not hand me a banana on my way out the door. 3/3/2010 Conversations Within ts