Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I have discovered that just because we grow weaker physically as we age...

"I have discovered that just because we grow weaker physically as we age, it doesn't mean that we must grow weaker spiritually," Billy Graham--turning 90

“They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green…” Ps.92.14 ESV

Age is no impairment to bearing lasting fruit. A 90-year-old women lying infirm in a nursing home, prayed for my salvation, my calling to the ministry and even the school I would attend to prepare for it. She recorded these prayers in a journal when I was but a boy. She died before she saw the answer to her prayers but her 64 year old daughter met me years later studying for the ministry at the very school mentioned in her journal. Until then, I did not know she had prayed for these things. Fruit is promised to all who abide in Christ. A person’s position, age, health, or financial status need not restrict the flow of His sap in us. There are no limitations of power for those who purposefully abide in Christ. His sap coursing in every surrendered heart is sure to yield fruit, much fruit, lasting fruit. 3/5/2010 Conversations Within ts