Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 8, 2010

"We need a witness to our lives.” Shall We Dance (the Movie)

“Be fruitful and multiply.” Gen.1.22 ESV

God appears to me as goodness overflowing. When I look at creation it seems to me that part of this essence spilled over into everything He made. “Be fruitful and multiply” is the watchword of all living things. And, though selfishness has fragmented this wonder, there is still in each of us the instinct to live fruitful lives. I do not mean mere physical procreation; people innately possess the drive for significance or to put it another way, to spill over. We are fruit needing to drop from the tree, lives wanting to be harvested, enjoyed and increased in sharing. We seem to be designed to enjoy and to be enjoyed; to love and to be loved; I can think of no better reason to explain why we are here. 3/2/2010 Conversations Within ts