Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Don't listen to yourself, talk to yourself, and when you do, always tell yourself the truth.

Don't listen to yourself, talk to yourself, and when you do, always tell yourself the truth.

“Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.” Ps.86 ESV

There are many different voices that compete for my attention. Various emotions vent within. A multitude of desires call me to satisfy inner cravings without. All the while common sense shouts out warnings. I, and I speak about the real me that person who desperately wants real happiness, I must unify my heart by talking even preaching truth to it. It is as J. I Packer puts it, “It is a matter of talking to oneself about God and oneself; it is, indeed, often a matter of arguing with oneself, reasoning oneself out of moods of doubt and unbelief in to a clear apprehension of God’s power and grace.” I must unify these many voices into a singular cry for truth, truth about life ,about God, about me, about my doubts, dreams, desires ,about the present fear or pleasure confronting me trying to steal my joy. 12/20/2010 Conversations Within ts (On the road to Between)