Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Give us this day our daily bread" is probably the most perfectly constructed and useful sentence ever set down in the English language.” P.J. Wingate

“Give us this day...” Mt.5 ESV

Prayer expresses the proper relationship of creature to Creator. What do I need this day, not just to exist but to live for God? When we ask God for daily bread we are asking Him to give us whatever we need to live for His purposes. He will surely provide us nothing less than that. Jesus assures us over and over again, that if we need something to perform our duty, He will make sure we have it. When we make His cause our cause we can be certain that He will provide us anything that will serve us in performing it. Do I need health in the performance of my duties? Do I need wisdom, or guidance or something as practical as money? Do I need it to live for His cause in the world? We have but to ask for daily bread and He will serve it daily. 12/23/2010 Conversations Within ts (Between GA)