Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” Henry David Thoreau, Walden

“He restores my soul.” Ps.23.3

If my life is like “too little butter spread over too much bread,” it is probably because I expect Christ to follow me into my rushed and hurried life rather than following Him when He leads me “beside still waters.” This is not to say that I am to spend all my time in quiet contemplation but only that Jesus would have me sharpen my ax before setting off to chop wood.
I think we must reach a point of decision where we commit and tenaciously commit to come to the quiet everyday and refuse anything that would rob us of knowing God. If I want a better life than “quiet desperation” then let me come to the quiet of personal communion with God 12/9/2010 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain AL)