Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"As God's children, we live on promises, not explanations.” Warren Wiersbe

“...he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature...” 2Pt.1

I like things explained. I want God to explain many of the things He does or at least things that He allows to happen. He does not accommodate me. I want explanations to satisfy my doubts, He offers promises to strengthen my faith. God's promises are said to be both “precious” and “great.” That they are precious speaks of their inestimable value; that they are great speaks of the infinite expanse of their measure. When something is precious it is more than just valuable, it is dear to the heart. Every single thing in life is under the great canopy of God's covenant promises to us. 1/21/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)