Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 3, 2011

“The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind.” G.K. C

“In him my heart trusts, and I am helped... ” Ps.28 ESV

In my experience God's help usually comes to me when He calls to my mind some truth or some promise He is asking me to embrace instead of living by my own understanding. Lately, Brenda and I have made some dietary changes we believe promote better health. As usual, I never do anything half way; I actually bought a juicer! When I asked God about all this energy we are putting into healthy eating He reminded me, “Is not life more than food.” Now I do not believe Father is downing good eating habits, in fact a good many passages in the Bible speak about our diet. I think the help that Father is giving me this morning is reminding me that worrying about what I will eat is not much better than worrying if I will eat and that when I focus my energies on Kingdom concerns and everything else will be supplied. 12/29/2010 Conversations Within ts