Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cast your cares on God but don't kill your concerns.

“In him my heart trusts, and I am helped... ” Ps.28 ESV

Sometimes I confuse not caring about my worries with trusting in God. There is a difference in living care free and casting your cares on the Lord. I have nurtured the ability through the years to simply quit caring about some concerns especially the ones that take time to be resolved. Rather than worry about them I just quit caring. I may feel better but I think it is better to actively trust these concerns to God than just forget about them. The struggle is to continue to talk with God about our concerns without worrying over them every time we do. It may be easier to just forget about them but love may require that we keep them in our prayers. God does not want us to deal with worry by becoming apathetic but by continual and confident trust in Him. 12/28/2010 Conversations Within ts