Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I never liked roller coasters, not at the fair and certainly not in life.

“I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love...my life is spent with sorrow.” Ps.31 NIV

Anyone who has read David pray in the Psalms knows that he seems somewhat bipolar; in other words, he is just like us. We are up, we are down and sometimes in the same conversation with God. I think this is one of the reason why we pray. We come to God with fear looking for courage or with doubt looking for faith. Prayers that begin with “I am afraid ,”often end with “I am confident of your love.” If our focus changes, prayers may begin in confidence and end in despair. Up and down, up and down, smiling face and then a frown. I suppose until we cross over to a more mature faith this will be the way of it. Thank God that though our faith is fickle His love is not. 12/31/2010 Conversations Within ts