Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 10, 2011

“We live in tension between the already and not yet.” Adrian Dieleman

“...but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.” Jo.4 ESV

My first thought after reading these words of Jesus is that I was sure I had tasted this living water but since I'm still thirsty I must be mistaken. My second thought is, where does that leave me if I believe myself to be a Christian? Well, time and reality is a funny thing for Christians. We are told that we are already seated in heavenly places, told that we have already been raised with Christ, told that sin is no longer our master but none of these things seem to be our present reality. But do we not experience these same kinds of things in other ways? We should probably understand them the same way we understand it when someone says, “Its money in the bank.” In other words the future reality is so certain we can bank on it.” Start writing checks on it! 1/4/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gulf Shores)