Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's learning to dance in the rain.” Anonymous

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's learning to dance in the rain.” Anonymous

“You have turned for me my mourning into dancing...” Ps.30 ESV

Many people are still waiting for the dance music to start. After all, “Sad songs say so much.” Weeping can be as good for the soul as laughter ,even more so. Who hasn't tasted the truth in that quaint ditty by Robert Frost,
"I walked a mile with Pleasure; She chatted all the way;
But left me none the wiser For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow; And ne’er a word said she;
But, oh! The things I learned from her, When Sorrow walked with me."
With this in mind I think it is a mistake to try and be happy all the time, thankful yes, happy no. To be thankful is in my experience the truest expression of “dancing in the rain.” I think it is good to remember even Jesus knew both sorrow and a troubled spirit. We should give sorrow time to work its graces in us for some things can only be learned in the night. God promises to turn our mourning into dancing, until He does, let me give thanks as best I can and then have a good cry. 12/30/2010 Conversations Within ts